Wednesday, January 20, 2010

“Best not to mix the past with the present. The present paints the past with gold. The past paints the present with lead. When I run backwards I feel the desperation rise. Best for me to hurtle headlong into the present. Never look back. Maybe catch on fire if I do it right. That’s all there is-the Right Now. If we don’t plant ourselves in the front row of the present, I predict that if any of us reach old age, we’ll be sitting on the front porch thinking, “Damn, shoulda burned all the temples. Screamed, danced and dragged life through the coals”. I align myself with life’s brutal headlong lunge towards Death. I am in motion at all times. Waging war with Exhaustion. Winning some and losing some.”

--Henry Rollins


http://www.formspring.me/britannyx

No comments:

Post a Comment